Internet Sales Volunteer
POSITION: INTERNET SALES VOLUNTEER
ORGANISATION: EVERY CHILD ONLINE
LOCATION: BASILDON OFFICE AND HOME
TYPE: PART-TIME / SHARED POSITION (FLEXIBLE HOURS)
REMUNERATION: UNPAID/VOLUNTEER POSITION
We are looking for an enthusiastic and diligent internet sales volunteer to support our friendly, motivated, and dedicated team here at Every Child Online (ECO).
Every Child Online has spent the last two years collecting thousands of PCs and laptops from UK businesses and members of the public. We refurbish, rebuilt, and deliver them to schools and charitable organisations that support underprivileged children and young adults. Our goal is to close the digital divide and ensure every child can access online education tools.
We are looking to recruit an Online Sales Volunteer. This is a great opportunity for someone with an interest in Tech to fulfill a position that offers a hands-on practical approach to testing and listing a vast array of Tech items, including but not limited to PCs, Laptops, Monitors, computer accessories, and branded items.
Experience is not essential for this role; candidates must have a keen interest in technology, a strong work ethic with a drive for achievement, and the desire to be a part of a target-driven team. This is a great opportunity to evolve within a highly successful and ever-expanding charity team.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Upload and manage product listings on multiple online channels
- Maintain online listings
- Test and clean products ready for selling online
- Take photos of products to be sold online
- Use eBay and other selling platforms
- Adhere to strict delivery deadlines
- Managing and auditing the stock and ensuring that relevant paperwork is completed and is accurate
- Picking items from stock, agreeing and documenting an item’s price with your manager.
- Pack and protect sold items for a courier collection
- Arrange delivery or collection of sold and potentially returned items and track items in transit.
- Monitor and respond to customer enquiries online.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- eBay and e-commerce experience are desirable
- Good Knowledge of using IT equipment
- Ability to work fast and efficiently as this role will be in a fast-paced environment
- Reliable with good timekeeping
- Ability to multi-task and demonstrate initiative
- Excellent attention to detail
- Strong IT software skills (excel, word)
- Self-motivated and organised
Job Types Volunteer position, possibly leading into a paid role in the future.
- Monday to Friday, hours flexible with job-sharing options
- Working from-home times can be negotiated. Sometime in the office will be required.
If you are at home looking for an exciting opportunity to make a difference in our community. Please get in touch. We can set up a quick telephone call, followed by a short informal interview at our premises.
Every Child Online is an ambitious start-up charity. We want to close the digital divide, help prevent the attainment gap from getting any wider and ensure all our schools have IT equipment fit for purpose. Together We Close The Digital Divide.
Please Email Your CV and cover letter to email@example.com or call 01264 544074 for more information about the role and our charity.